Exporting QuickBooks COA
Attached are directions on how to easily export your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts.
6 Easy steps to export a QuickBooks chart of account from the desktop version on a windows computer.
- Open the QuickBooks company file that contains the Chart of Accounts you want to export.
- Select File > Utilities > Export > Lists to IFF Files from the menu.
- An export popup window containing a checkbox list displays.
- Select “Chart of Accounts” from the list.
- A “Save as” dialog box opens. Select the folder that you would like to save this file in from the “Save as” drop down box located at the top of the window.
- Being descriptive, name the file. For Example, “ABC Funeral Home COA.”
- Attach the file to an email and email it to us.
Please Note: The export will provide a column of data showing the balance for each account which is information we do not need. If you’d like to remove that information, complete the following before emailing the file. Right click (do not double click) on the exported file and choose “Open with” and then select Microsoft Excel, delete the column with the account totals and resave the file.
- QuickBooks COA Export.pdf (1 MB)