Tracking Insurance Assignments
You can track Insurance Assignments on the Payments & Adjustments page. Here, you can record assignments for which you have submitted a claim and later complete the transaction when you have received the funds.
To note that a claim has been submitted but not received:
- Open the Case in question
- Click the “Payments and Adjustments” link
- Add Transaction type: Insurance Assignment
- Enter the policy value (total value of the policy held)
- Enter the “Payment Amount” as $0.00
- Note that if you put a value in the “Payment Amount” box, it will show as a payment
- on the contract
- Enter the date on which the claim was submitted
- Click Save
No changes need to be made to your Statement of Funeral Goods and Services (SFG) to see this functionality reflected there. When you open your SFG, you will see that the document automatically reflects the fact that the claim has been submitted, but not received.
In parentheses next to the policy information, you will see the pending amount, which will not change the balance due on the contract, so long as you have entered the “Payment Amount” as $0.00. See the image below for an example of how this will appear on an SFG.
Please note: All payments in the system at the time that this feature goes into effect have the payment date reflected in the “Funds Received On” box.
How to register that funds have been received on a submitted claim
Once you have received funds from a policy, update the insurance assignment on the Payments & Adjustments page to reflect the amount received.
To do this, simply:
- Return to the Payments & Adjustments page for the Case in question
- Click the name of the insurance assignment you want to edit
- Add the amount of funds you received for this claim under “Payment amount”
- Click “Funds Received On” and choose a date
- Click Save
When you re-print the contract, the contract will now show that the Insurance Assignment has been received. The balance due will reflect the total contract amount, less the amount received from the insurance assignment (and any other payments).
How do I know which Cases have pending insurance assignments?
From your Case Listing page, you can filter Cases by whether they have pending insurance assignments, making it easy to see which Cases you need to follow up on.
To do this:
- Click the large, blue “Filter” button
- Check the option marked “Insurance Funds Pending: Yes”
- Click “Show in a New Tab”
If you like, you can now save this tab by choosing the “Save this Tab” button at the upper right side of the Case Listing page. Just name your tab and return to it whenever you like. When insurance funds for a Case are marked as “received,” that Case will disappear from this tab.
For Exporting/Accounting Purposes:
- Accounting exports in Passare exclude pending insurance assignments
- Accounting exports in Passare use “Funds Received On” date, not "Claim Submitted” date
Who do I call if I have questions?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this feature, or call the toll-free support number: