Roles & Permissions
Passare’s Roles & Permissions page allows funeral home administrators to select Permissions that best reflect the responsibilities of different members of their organizations.
A "Role" in Passare is like a container that holds a specific set of features and functions. By assigning a User a Role, the Admin gives them all the Permissions it contains.
Roles in Passare are extremely flexible and allow Admins to choose the appropriate level of access to Passare’s features and functions for their Users.
See Attached PDF for Illustrations of Procedures
Roles & Permissions At-a-Glance
- Administrators can create new Roles and select Permission levels for each Role
- Administrators can assign the appropriate Role to each User in their funeral home
- To create new Roles, visit Admin> Organization> Roles & Permissions (multi-tiered organizations' Administrators should do this from the top-tier or “parent” organization)
- To assign Roles to Users, visit Admin> Organization> Users
- Administrators can contact email@example.com for assistance and training in using this feature
- Funeral home employees should speak to their administrators if they have questions about their Roles & Permissions
Creating a New Role
- From the “Admin” menu, select “Users”, then select “Roles & Permissions” from the left hand sidebar
- Click “Create Role”
- You will now see a page where you can name and select permissions for your new Role
- Selecting the top-level checkbox (above the blue line) in any of the following categories will give the User editing Permissions in that category
- You can also choose Permissions one at a time - including “Read-Only” access for sections of various case types
- Read-Only permissions will allow Users to see, but not make changes to, a page or section
- Admin Console - At-Need Cases
- All Reports - Imminent-Need Cases
- Pre-Need Cases - Cash Sale Cases
Example: I want Users with a particular Role to create and edit all parts of Pre-Need cases. But I only want them to be able to READ the information on At-Need Cases. I will set up the Role's permissions as shown below:
- You can choose whether Roles can copy & transfer, or delete Cases
- Finally, you can choose where Roles appear in drop-downs (should they be selectable as primary arranger of a Case for all case types, or only select case types?)
- Click “Save” and you’re ready to assign the Role to Users
Choosing a Role when Inviting a new User
- From the “Admin” menu, select “Users”
- Click “Invite a User”
- Enter the new User’s first and last name and Login Email Address
- Under “Manage Access,” use the “Role” drop-down to choose a Role for this User
- Note: you must choose a Role for new Users
- Click “Invite” and you’re done
- You can always change this User’s Role using the instructions below
Choosing a new Role for an existing User
- From the “Admin” menu, select “Users”
- To the far right of any User’s name, click “Manage Access”
- On the resulting page, use the “Role” drop-down to choose a new Role for this User
“Different Funeral Directors have different responsibilities, and should have access to different features and functions in Passare”
No problem! Admins can create Funeral Director 1, Funeral Director 2, Funeral Director 3 (etc.) and give each Role different permissions.
“Some of my employees are Funeral Directors AND Pre-Need Specialists”
A "Role" in Passare is not identical to the employee's title at the funeral home. But, if they choose to, Admins can create a new Role “Funeral Director and Pre Need Specialist” with whatever permissions they choose, and assign a User that new Role.
I don’t want Users to have access to financial Information
Admins can remove Permissions for Reports from existing Roles or create new Roles without Reports Permissions.
I want to let our lead Funeral Director(s) manage XYZ, but I don’t want them to be Admins
Admins can create a Role tailored to these needs, and assign this Role only to the lead Funeral Director(s).
I want to be able to delete Cases, but I don’t want my staff to be able to do so
By default, only Admins can delete Cases in the new Roles & Permissions settings. Admins can add the ability to delete Cases to any Role, or create a new Role with that Permission.
Some of my staff should be able to see information in Cases, but not edit that
Admins can assign “Read Only” access to different Case pages and Case types.
Some of my staff should be able to create Cash Sales and receive Payments, but should not be able to edit contracts or Case information
The Goods & Services page and Payments page are separate permissions from the rest of the Case information: for example, Admins can give the front office Read Only access to Goods & Services, but allow them to enter and edit Payments.
I want to delete a User from my organization completely and make sure they have no permissions in my instance
Clicking the “X” to the far right of the User’s name will remove the User from an instance. He/she will no longer be visible on the User List.
I want to block all other Users from editing MY cases
The Roles & Permissions feature is designed to manage access to features and functions within the system. Passare does not currently support case-by-case Permissions.
Who do I call if I have questions?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this feature, or call the toll-free support number: