Configuring Education and Race Options
Three pieces of Vital Information about the decedent are expressed differently depending on where you operate within the United States. We have created the ability to configure these fields on your own, to conform with the language used by your city, county, or state death certificate.
These settings are available to everyone with Administrative privileges in their Passare Instance. They are nested under “Branch,” so that anyone operating in multiple locales can have appropriate information per branch.
- Click “Admin” in the upper right corner of your Dashboard or Case Listing page, and select “Branches”
- To access race and education, click the “gears” icon that appear to the far right of your Branch name under Account: Organization: Branches. The “Additional Settings” page will open. Here you can add, delete, and edit the names of each ethnicity, race, and education level.
Most funeral homes will find that the default set of entries works for their locality, but:
- To add an entry: click the blue button that says “Add” to the left of your desired category
- To delete an entry: click on the trash can symbol to the far right of the entry you want to delete
- To change an entry: click on the name (in blue) of the entry you want to change.
- To add a tribal affiliation option to any race or ethnicity (e.g, “American Indian”), simply click on the name of that race or ethnicity, and the following pop-up window will appear
- Select “Yes” from the “Show Tribe Field” drop-down, and click “Save”
- You will now be able to collect tribal information on the Vital Stats page of the Case Record
Who do I call if I have questions?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this feature, or call the toll-free support number: 1-800-692-5111.