Promoting Custom Entries to the Rolodex
When a User enters a person, business, or organization directly onto a Case Record, they “add a Custom Contact.” This contact is saved directly to the Case Record, and is usable throughout the case. It is not available across all cases until a Funeral Home Administrator “promotes” the custom entry to the Rolodex.
To Promote a Custom Rolodex Entry (Admin Feature):
1) The easiest way to see all your custom contacts is to select the filter “Custom Entries Only” in the Rolodex
- Click Admin: Rolodex in the upper right hand corner of any page on the Passare platform
- Click “Filter Contacts”
- Check the box labeled “Custom Entries Only”
- Click “Show in a New Tab”
The resulting tab will show you all the custom contacts that users in your system have entered into cases. At this point, you can delete duplicates, edit typos, and promote any contacts that you want to use across all cases to the Rolodex.
You can save this tab by clicking the "Save Tab" button, if you would like to view it any time you return to your Rolodex.
Note: Custom Contacts always appear in your Rolodex, but they will only be available for use on all cases when you “Promote” them.
2) Promote only desired contacts to Rolodex
- Open each Contact Detail page by clicking the name of the contact
- Scroll to the bottom of the Contact Detail page
- Check the box labeled “Promote to Main Rolodex” (shown below)
- Click “Save”
- Your contact is now ready to use on all of your new cases, and will no longer appear when you filter for “Custom Entries Only”
- You will be able to see what case a Custom Contact was created in when you view Custom Entries
- Some Users want to keep a record of where Custom Contacts originated, and prefer to always view contacts created through cases in the "Custom Contact" tab, even if they are being used on all cases.
- To keep the “Custom Entry” status of a contact forever, check the “Use this Contact on Other Cases but Keep Custom Entry Status” box, and save
- Note: once you save this configuration, you will not be able to “uncheck” the box. The Contact will always appear in the "Custom Contacts" filter.
- Most Users prefer to use only the “Promote to Main Rolodex” option
- If you want to delete a contact, simply click the trashcan icon at the far right of the contact line in your Rolodex
What if I don’t want contacts entered on the Case Record to become Custom Entries?
- Administrators have the option to prevent the creation of Custom Contacts.
- This option is found on the “Corporate Info” page, under Admin: Organization
- This option applies to the entire organization; you cannot choose whether to allow Custom Contacts on a case-by-case or user-by-user basis at this time
- To prevent Custom Entries from being created, check the box marked “Custom Rolodex Entries,created in a case, will be 'Case Only'" (See below)
Who do I call if I have questions?
Contact email@example.com with any questions about this feature, or call the toll-free support number: