Editing Case Dates
Users with permission to edit information in the Case Sidebar can specify the date a case was opened, or a case type (Pre-Need, Imminent Need, At-Need) was applied. This allows Users to define “real” dates pertinent to the life cycle of a case.
USE CASE SCENARIO
Sam’s family has always made their funeral arrangements with ABC Funeral Home. His daughter Sally called the funeral home on a busy Saturday to let James know her father was in hospice and was expected to pass away sometime in the next few days. She wanted to get started making arrangements in order to take some responsibility off her mom’s shoulders.
James offered his condolences and started making some notes based on their conversation, but he wasn’t at his desk, so he didn’t enter the case into Passare right away. The day was exceptionally busy, so the next day, when James was finally able to sit down at his desk to do some casework in Passare, he wanted to specify that the case was really opened on the previous day when Sally called.
HOW DOES THIS FEATURE WORK?
To specify the date that a new case was “Opened” in the funeral home, Users must first create the case. To do this, Users should enter the basic required case information (First Name, Last Name) and click “Save.” Now the case date can be edited. For existing cases, simply open the case. Either way, Users should take the following steps to edit the “Case Opened” date:
- In the Case Sidebar (at the right hand side of the screen), click directly on the words “Case Opened”
- A date box will appear: you may type directly into the date field or click the calendar icon to select from a calendar view
- Click “OK” to save your changes to the date (or “Cancel” to exit the date editor)
- Note that clicking “OK” will save your changes just for the date editor
- You must still use any of the save buttons to change information entered on the case page (for example: Social Security number, gender, etc.)
- The same process can be followed to edit the Pre-Need Date, Imminent Need date, or At-Need Date for converted cases.
- Note that case type dates will only appear after a case is converted
See the images on the next page for an illustration of this process.
- Simply click the blue “Case Opened” label to open a date selector
- Choose the date you opened the case
- Click “OK”
- The same can be done for the “At- Need” date, as shown at left
Who do I call if I have questions?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this feature, or call the toll-free support number: 1-800-692-5111.