Do you have a specific form you would like to access in Passare? You have the flexibility to create and format content that's important to you.
As with most features in Passare, Document management will depend on User permissions. Double-check your role by going to Admin > Organization > Roles and Permissions. Click on your Role. To manage documents, the Document checkbox must be checked under the Admin Console.
Preparing a form for use in Passare can be done in three easy steps:
Step 1: Creating a Form
Documents can be created and uploaded in two formats: DocX (the most current version of Microsoft Word) or Fillable PDF (Adobe Acrobat Pro).
Note: We recommend using Word whenever possible as the form can be edited a little easier.
- On your document, add Tags in places that you want information from Passare to populate.
- For DocX, tags have the format [%TAGS%] and follow a few rules: they need to be in ALL CAPS and should be as specific as possible.
- For example, check out the Clothing and Cosmetic Instruction Form below with Name of Deceased and Case # with Tags.
Fillable PDF (Adobe Pro Subscription Required):
Note: We recommend using Fillable PDF if a form has a lot of checkboxes or forms that you would like to capture an electronic signature on.
- Create a form in PDF files by using Form Tools.
- Each field should be named to identify what information from Passare will be used to populate the form. (The Tag format and rules required in Word are not required in PDF.)
- You can add digital signature lines to PDF files if desired.
Pro Tip: Because DocX is easier to use, we recommend creating the document in DocX first and then converting it to a PDF.
Step 2: Upload the Form:
Once your document is ready, go to Admin > Documents.
Click Add New Form and select Form.
Next, you will Name your Form and Upload Document and then Create.
Step 3: Configure, Map, and Publish the Form:
After you click Create, you will configure the form on the Forms Preview & Settings.
The following fields are required:
- Whether it is published.
- What kind of Case Types the document appears on.
- What category the document appears in on the Documents page of a Case.
Next, Map your form. In other words, you will tell Passare what information you want in each field on your form.
Note: The drop-down menu provides all of the Passare fields available to choose from.
For our example of the Clothing and Cosmetic Form, the Field Name DECENAME and CASEID are ready to be mapped.
Select the Mapping drop-down to see all of the options and click the desired information.
Once the Field names are mapped, click Save!
I tried to Upload a new Word form and I got an error.
Make sure you are using .docx, not .doc files
I printed a preview and I see a tag in my form.
The system only recognizes proper tag format: check that there are no spaces between characters and no special characters inside the tag.
Need More Information?:
Need Help? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-692-5111!